Vrat Wale Aloo Rasedaar Recipe – Is a potato vegetable curry, which is eaten specially during Vrat or Fasting. During the nine days festival of Navratri, where fasting is observed for the entire festival.
It is very tough to go without eating salt, in that case, you can use rock salt which also called a Sendha Namak instead of regular iodized salt.
Vrat wale Dahi Aloo Rasedaar is an Indian vegetable curry recipe, which is the perfect dish of Navratri or any other seasons like Mahashivratri and Ekadasi.
Once diced boiled potatoes are added to the cooked gravy, add enough water according to how thick you prefer your gravy to be.
You can also prepare
- Falahari Aloo Ki sabji,
- vrat wale aloo without tomato
- vrat wale sukhe aloo.
In case if you do not consume particular veggies avoid them.
If you are looking for more Navratri Vrat Recipes:
Check out :
- Sabudana Khichdi
- Kuttu Ka Dosa
- Aloo Ki Kadhi
- Singhare Atta Ka Samosa
- Arbi Kofta
- Chawal Dhokla
- Makhana Kheer
- Navratri Special Lassi
Vrat Wale Aloo Rasedaar Recipe:
- Boiled and diced potatoes – 1 cup
- Finely chopped tomatoes or tomato puree – 3 tablespoon
- Yoghurt – 2 tablespoons
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sendha Namak to taste
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Chopped cilantro – 1 tablespoon
How to make Vrat wale Aloo rasedaar recipe step by step process:
- Rinse, clean and boil the potatoes in water until soften.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, peel the skin of the potatoes and dice them into 1 inch.
- Also, keep the rest of the ingredients ready by chopped tomatoes and cilantro.
- Heat ghee in a pan on a medium flame.
- Add cumin seeds to the hot ghee and let them crackle.
- Once the cumin seeds crackled add finely chopped tomatoes and saute.
- Meanwhile, whisk the yoghurt until you get the smooth consistency.
- Now add the whisked yoghurt to the pan along with tomatoes.
- Mix everything well and saute the ingredients by stirring occasionally.
- Now add Red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and sendha namak.
- Stir and mix all the spices and bring it to boil.
- Once the oil starts to leave the masala, add boiled and diced potatoes.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water according to the thick consistency you prefer your gravy to be.
- Bring the curry to boil and add chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot Vrat Wale Aloo Rasedaar Recipe with Rice, poori or roti.
Nutrition Facts for vrat wale aloo rasedaar:
Calories 354 kcal | Carbohydrates 48 g | Protein 10 g | Fat 15 g | Saturated Fat 2 g | Sodium 1288 mg | Potassium 1756 mg | Fiber 11 g | Sugar 5 g | Vitamin A 1535 IU | Vitamin C 64.4 mg | Calcium 120 mg | Iron 10.9 mg.
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share.