Uppudu Pindi | Uppudu Pindi Recipe – is a kind of upma but I would like to think of it as a cross between upma, Pongal and khichdi. primarily Uppudu Pindi is cooked with coarse rice flour and freshly chopped vegetables.
This is very simple to make and also delicious at the same time. Uppudu Pindi is one of my favourite breakfast or an evening snack.
It has got different names, some of them call it as Uppudu Pindi Upma, Uppudu Pindi Pulihora recipe.
And also there are a couple of variations they are, Challa Uppudu Pindi ( Challa Refers to Buttermilk in Telugu ), Pulusu Uppudu Pindi recipe, and Uppudu Pindi with Idli rava.
Today I’m going to share a very simple, wholesome, healthy recipe which can be made for breakfast or as a evening snack or dinner.
Need to prepare dinner in less than 30 mins or you don’t have any vegetables in the refrigerator, you don’t need to worry.
Uppudu Pindi recipe can be prepared with or without Vegetables. All you need are spices like mustard seeds, cumin seeds, green chillies, ginger-garlic paste, rice flour, salt, red chilli powder and water to prepare it.
If you are looking for more Breakfast Recipes
Check out :
Uppudu Pindi | Uppudu Pindi Recipe
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Chopped onions – 1 Medium Size
- Slit green chillies – 3 to 4 nos
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Dry red chillies – 2 to 3 nos
- Sprouts – 1 handful optional
- water as required
How to prepare Uppudu Pindi Recipe step by step process:
- Start with sieving the rice flour into a mixing bowl, you use the readymade rice flour or you can prepare your own rice flour.
- Rinse, soak the rice for 1 hour in the water, drain and dry the rice completely and grind to make it rice flour.
- I’m using the ready-made rice flour to make Uppudu Pindi, which is available in the supermarket.
- Take rice flour in a mixing bowl and add salt, red chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste and mix everything well.
- Now add little by little water in the rice flour and mix it well to form small rice flour lumps.
- Do not pour excess water in the flour while mixing, the flour should be small pearl-like lumps and should be dry.
- Keep the mixed rice flour aside.
- Now take a thick bottom vessel and heat oil.
- Once the oil is hot enough add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add curry leaves, dry red chillies and saute them for few mins until they turn crisp.
- Now add chopped onions, green chillies, sprouts and saute them until they turn golden.
- Once done add turmeric powder and a teaspoon of ginger-garlic paste and mix well.
- Add the mixed rice flour mixture into the vessel and mix everything well and evenly.
- Close it with a lid and cook it for 10 to 15 mins on a slow medium flame.
- But stir occasionally for every 3 to 4 mins to avoid burning and sticking at the bottom of the vessel.
- Once cooked sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and off the flame.
- The texture of Uppudu Pindi is crispy and soft.
- Serve hot & delicious Uppudu Pindi.
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share.