This is a detailed post will help you, How to cook a Simple Chicken Curry Recipe at your house. This is going to be a very easy recipe even the bachelors can cook with the best outcome.
It’s not only delicious also flavourful tenderly cooked chicken curry, which can be served hot with Roti, steam or boiled rice, or basmati rice.
I have grown up eating many different Indian Chicken Curry Recipes, but this post will help you to cook easy chicken curry recipes, which you can make with very basic and simple kitchen setup also.
This chicken curry is cooked entirely on a medium flame, which will give you a tenderly cooked and delicious chicken curry.
If you are looking for more Main Course recipe:
SIMPLE CHICKEN CURRY RECIPE
Ingredients for Chicken Curry Recipe:
- Curry Cut Chicken – 1/2 kg
- Sliced or Chopped Onions – 1 medium size
- Chopped Green Chillies – 2 to 3 nos
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tablespoon
- Tomatoes – 2 medium
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala or chicken masala – 1 teaspoon
- Salt as necessary
- Oil – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Water as required
- Yoghurt 1/2 cup optional
How to cook a Simple Chicken Curry Recipe:
Before we start cooking the chicken curry, first we need to marinate the chicken.
Chicken Marination :
- Take the medium or small Curry cut chicken with bone in a big bowl to marinate the chicken.
- Clean and rinse the chicken two times with water and drain the water.
- Squeeze the chicken pieces to remove if any excess water in the chicken.
- Now add a teaspoon of oil, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, and ginger-garlic paste.
- You can also add yoghurt to it. It’s optional and by adding yoghurt the outcome of your chicken curry will have a nice, thick and creamy texture.
- The recipe which Am sharing doesn’t have yoghurt.
- Mix all the ingredients well and let it rest to 15 to 20 mins.
- Let the chicken absorb all the flavours from the spices.
Cooking Chicken Curry :
- Take a deep frying pan and add 2 tablespoons of oil in it and heat it on a medium flame.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds to the hot oil and let them crackle.
- Once they crackle add chopped or sliced onions and slit green chillies into the pan and saute.
- Saute the onions and green chillies until golden.
- Then add 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder, ginger garlic paste and mix them well.
- Now add the marinated chicken.
- Stir everything well and let the chicken cook for 10 to 15 mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes or tomato puree to the chicken for the gravy.
- Mix everything well and stir it occasionally and do not let the chicken stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add water to it if you require more gravy.
- Now add coriander powder and garam masala powder to the curry and mix it well.
- I prefer the homemade Garam masala powder, but if you are not able to make it, you can simply add a ready-made garam masala powder which is easily available in any supermarket or a general store.
- Check the curry for any required seasoning and add if you need any. If you like spicy chicken curry recipe, simple add more green chillies, red chilli powder or garam masala to make the curry spicy.
- Cook everything until it releases the oil to the sides.
- Check the chicken if it is cooked.
- Lastly, add freshly chopped coriander leaves and off the flame.
- Serve the chicken curry Hot with roti or rice.
Nutrition Facts :
Calories 415 kcal | Carbohydrates 10 g | Protein 33 g | Fat 25 g | Saturated Fat 7 g | Cholesterol 119 mg | Sodium 143 mg | Potassium %20 mg | Fiber 3 g | Sugar 3 g | Vitamin A 705 IU | Vitamin C 10.4 mg | Calcium 65 mg | Iron 2.7 mg |
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share.