Pineapple Pachadi Recipe – The word pachadi is the south Indian pachadi recipe is a version of raita. Vegetables or fruits are cooked with tempered and thin yoghurt. This is a curd pachadi recipe Kerala style.
This is a comforting south Indian side dish which is technically called a chutney but it had like curry. Word Pachadi refers to pound.
This pineapple pachadi recipe what I am sharing, gives you taste of traditional Kerala cuisine, how pineapple pachadi in Malayalam people make.
This pachadi is also a special dish served for Onam Sadhya feast, Onam Sadhya feast will be incomplete without this dish.
Pineapple Pachadi recipe is made using simple available ingredients which are pineapple, Coconut, green chillies, mustard seeds, curry leaves, red chillies, and thin yoghurt. You can also make pachadi without coconut or with coconut.
The pound masala is added along with cooked pineapple pieces with yoghurt and jaggery. This Kerala style recipe is easy to make, serve pineapple pachadi and kichadi, this is a great combination to eat pachadi.
There are many other variations or types of pachadi, they are :
Pachadi Varieties :
- Plane Pachadi Recipe
- Vellarikka Pachadi or Cucumber Pachadi
- Pineapple Pachadi Recipe
- Beetroot Pachadi
- Vellarikka Mango Pachadi
- Kakkirikka Pachadi
- Vendakka Pachadi
- Sorakaya Pachadi
Out all these pachadi varieties recipes, I am going to share Pineapple pachadi recipe which is delicious and easy to prepare.
If you are looking for more Kerala Specials & Onam Sadhya Recipes :
Check out :
- Kalan Recipe
- Olan Recipe
- Paal Payasam
- Pulissery Recipe
- Thenga Choru
- Avial Curry
- Kadala Curry
- Kerala Rasam
- Kootu Curry Recipe
South Indian Pineapple Pachadi Recipe:
- Roughly chopped Pineapple pieces – 2 cups
- Grated Fresh Coconut – 1/2 cup
- Chopped Green Chillies – 1 to 2 nos
- Ginger chopped – 1/2 inch
- Garlic Cloves – 3 to 4 nos
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Jaggery – 1 tablespoon
- Yoghurt (curd) – 1/2 cup
- Water as necessary
For temparing :
- Coconut oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Dry red chillies – 3 to 4 nos
SOUTH INDIAN PINEAPPLE PACHADI RECIPE Step by step process:
- Cleanly remove the skin of the pineapple and roughly chop the pineapple into small pieces.
- Take a pan to add chopped pineapple pieces, salt, turmeric powder, water and cook it on a medium flame for 20 mins or until pineapple cooks.
- Meanwhile, we will make the coconut masala for pachadi.
- To make the coconut masala grind coconut, green chillies, ginger, cumin seeds, mustard seeds and garlic to a fine smooth paste.
- Once done add the coconut masala into the pan along with pineapple pieces and cook it for another 4 to 5 mins until the raw taste of the coconut goes off.
- Now add shredded jaggery and cook it for more 2 mins.
- Once cooked off the flame and let the pineapple mixture cools down.
- Add the whisked yoghurt to the cooled pineapple mixture and mix everything well and temper it.
- When you add the yoghurt make sure the curry is cooled otherwise the yoghurt will start to curdle and separate.
Tempering Pineapple Pachadi recipe:
- Heat coconut oil in a pan on a medium flame.
- Add mustard and cumin seeds to the hot coconut oil and let them crackle.
- Once they crackle add dry red chillies and curry leaves and roast them until crisp.
- Now add the tempering to the Pineapple pachadi and mix everything well.
- Pineapple Pachadi is ready to serve.
As this Pineapple pachadi is tangy & sweet, you can serve it with steamed rice, boiled rice, rasam, sambar and kichadi.
This pineapple pachadi is more like raita, so, you can serve it with almost anything as an accompaniment to any Indian meal.
This pineapple pachadi tastes best when made it fresh, and you can refrigerate it for 2 to 3 days and warm it before serving it.
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share.