Paneer Butter Masala Recipe – is one of the most popular dishes in Indian restaurants, what is paneer butter masala which is also known as butter paneer.
It is a flavorful, rich and creamy curry made with spices, paneer, onions, tomatoes, cashews and butter.
The recipe today am going to share is a restaurant-style paneer butter masala, which is always a winner for its simple ingredients used and amazing taste.
To make this paneer butter masala recipe, blend the sautéed onions, tomatoes & cashews along with spices to a silky smooth puree which is going to be gravy. Then it is slow-cooked with butter & spices to make the butter masala.
Last but not least, cubed paneer is added to it along with the cream, which makes it creamy, rich & delicious.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS :
- Butter Chicken Recipe.
- Dal Makhani.
- Chicken Tikka Masala.
- Aloo Rasedaar.
- Chicken Curry.
- Chicken Liver Curry.
How to make Paneer Butter Masala:
Whole Spices :
- Bay leaf – 1 small
- Cinnamon stick – 1 no
- Green Cardamom – 2 nos
- Cloves – 3 to 4 nos
For gravy :
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Green cardamom – 2 nos
- Chopped onions – 3 medium sized
- Finely Chopped tomatoes – 1 & 1/2 cup
- Salt as necessary
- Sugar 1/2 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts – 14 nos
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
For paneer butter masala:
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Diced paneer – 250 gms
- Kasuri methi – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh cream – 3 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves 2 tablespoon
How to make Paneer butter masala:
For gravy :
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.
- Add green cardamom & 1 cup of chopped onions and sauté them on a medium flame till they turn transparent.
- Once onions are turned transparent add finely chopped tomatoes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and saute it for few mins.
- Cover and cook till the onions and tomatoes turn mushy.
- Once they are cooked completely, add 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder, adjust it according to your palate.
- Add garam masala, Coriander powder, cashew nuts and sugar.
- Saute this onion tomato masala on a low flame for a couple of mins.
- Turn off the stove when you smell a nice aroma.
- Cooldown the onion-tomato mixture completely and add it to a blender.
- Add a cup of water and blend the mixture to a smooth puree.
- Strain the puree to avoid any leftover particles.
How make paneer butter masala:
- Heat 1 & 1/2 tablespoon of butter, once it melts down add all the Green cardamom, bay leaf, cinnamon and cloves.
- When the whole spices start to sizzle, add 1 & 1/2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste and saute it for few mins.
- Sauté it until the raw smell goes away and cook it on a low flame.
- Next, pour the blended onion-tomato puree and make sure to cook it on a low flame to avoid burning the gravy.
- Pour 1/2 cup of water and mix everything well to get it to the gravy consistency.
- Cover the vessel with a lid and cook it until the gravy turns thick in consistency and flavorful.
- When the gravy is ready you will see the gravy realising the fats.
- Open and cook it for some more time to get a thick consistency to the gravy.
- Check for the seasoning and add anything required.
- Now add crushed Kasuri methi & 250 gms diced paneer and stir everything well.
- Cover and cook it on a low flame for few more mins and add 2 to 3 tablespoons of cream and stir.
- Transfer the paneer butter masala into a serving bowl and garnish with fresh cream and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot.
Suggestions to serve Paneer Butter Masala recipe:
Paneer butter masala is so much flavorful, rich and delicious it goes really well with just plain steamed basmati rice.
Or you can also serve it with flavored rice, such as ghee rice, jeera rice or Bagara rice.
And most of the Indians also love to eat paneer butter masala with Butter naans, garlic naans, tandoori roti, plain Kulcha, chapati or Rumali roti.
Nutrition Facts: Paneer Butter masala recipe
Calories 347 | Fat 29 g | Saturated fat 15 g | Cholesterol 65 g | Sodium 72 g | Potassium 272 mg | Carbohydrates 11 g | fibre 2 g | Sugar 4 g | Protein 10 g | Vitamin A 1025 IU | Vitamin C 17 mg | Calcium 345 mg | Iron 1 mg.
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share