Neer Dosa Recipe– is a well known Mangalorean breakfast made with rice and salt. Neer means water in Tulu and dosa alludes to a customary crepe from south India. So Neer dosa alludes to a dosa that is made with a Neer consistency.
Not at all like different forms of south Indian dosa, this dosa is made with no lentils and needs no maturation. It is made with only 3 fixings – rice, salt and water.
Neer dosa was acquainted with our family through one of my companion, who is from the hit local area from Mangalore. From that point we would make these frequently for morning meals as they are not difficult to get ready and don’t need any aging.
Pair this silky dosa with some coconut chutney and you have a decent breakfast. They likewise work out positively in the tiffin box. These dosas are light to such an extent that you can undoubtedly have 5 to 6 of them in one go.
Neer dosa is not difficult to get ready as maturation isn’t needed. You simply need to douse the rice for around 4 to 5 hours and afterwards crush it.
once the batter is ready, you can start making the dosas. You can likewise drench the rice for the time being.
Aside from coconut chutney, Neer dosa can likewise serve with veg sagu or vegetable kurma or potato kurma. For youngsters, you can serve this dosa with coconut milk or milk improved with some jaggery.
If you are looking for more Dosas Recipes:
Neer Dosa recipe | how to make neer dosa | recipe of neer dosa:
- Rice – 1 cup
- Salt as necessary
- Water – 1 3/4 cups
- Oil for Greasing
How to Make Neer Dosa:
- Wash rice threefold in a huge pot. drench it for 4 hours to expedite.
- Drain the water and add rice to a blender. If you have soaked the rice overnight, Give it a good rinse. Drain the water and add it to the blender container. Pour around 3/4 cup new water.
- Mix it to a smooth Batter.
- Move to a bowl and add salt.
- Add more water to get it to a flimsy consistency.
- The batter should be Similar to thin buttermilk. Add more water depending on the situation to carry it to the consistency. I utilized around 1 & 3/4 cups of water for mixing and to carry it to consistency. Set this aside.
Recipe For Neer Dosa :
- Warmth a container and sprinkle not many drops of oil. utilizing a cut of onion, spread the oil to the dish. clear off the excess oil. You can likewise skip scouring with onion and just spread the oil with a tissue. you should repeat this interaction before making each dosa.
- Ensure the pan is hot. We won’t spread the batter, however, pour it like the rava dosa batter. Mix the batter well. Take a spoon loaded with batter and start to pour on the tawa all over beginning from the edge of the pan.
- Try not to trouble much about the shape.
- Rapidly slant the dish aside to spread the excess batter.
- Cover and cook for 2 mins on a medium flame.
- Once the dosa is ready, You will see the edges Slightly leave the pan.
- Neer dosa supposed to be soft so, you can not flip and cook.
- Transfer it to a serving plate. Allow it to cool down a bit before folding, otherwise both the sides will stick together.
- Then fold it in half.
- Then to the triangle.
- To repeat making dosa, grease the pan, stir the batter well every time you pour. If needed you can add some more water
- Serve Neer Dosa with Chutney or any Gravy.
Calories 53 | Fat 1 g | Potassium 14 mg | Carbohydrates 9 g | Calcium 3 mg | Iron 0.1 mg.
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share.