Sweet Corn Vada Recipe | Corn Vada: It is an easy and extremely popular south Indian snack made from sweet corn kennels.
These Sweet corn vadas have a very similar taste and texture to the other popular lentil based vada recipes, but it has got it won uniqueness from sweet corn.
These vadas can be served as a evening snack or as a side dish in lunch or dinner.
Sweet Corn Vada Recipe | Corn Vada is a common and popular south Indian snack made and offered for a different purpose.
Sometimes we make them on festival days and offer them to gods prasadam or nivedyam.
These vadas can be made using a wide range of ingredients with a different type of combinations of lentils, spices, etc.
One such unique and tasty vada recipe is to make sweet corn vada recipe.
You can also make normal corn vada using the regular corn instead of sweet corn.
These sweet corn vadas also can be served with coconut chutney, tomato chutney or Chicken curry.
It can also be served with rava Kesari which is a sweet made from rava and offered to gods as prasadam.
It gives a unique taste to sweet corn vada when you have it with rava Kesari, the spiciness of vada and sweetness of rava Kesari the combination is really delicious to eat.
If you are looking for more Recipes
Check out :
Variations in Sweet corn Vada Recipe:
You can make a regular Sweet corn Vada recipe which is going to share today but, you can also make a Sweet corn sweet vada by drenching the made vadas in the sugar syrup.
You can add powdered jaggery in the batter while making the vadas if you don’t like sugar syrup-drenched vadas and make Corn vada with jagger.
Not only Sweet corn vadas there are lot more corn recipes to make
How to make Sweet Corn Vada Recipe | Corn Vada:
- Sweet corn Kernels – 1 cup
- Gram flour (Besan) – 1/2 cup
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup
- Finely Chopped onions – 1/4 cup
- Green chillies chopped – 1/2 tablespoon
- Chopped Coriander – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
- salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
HOW TO MAKE SWEET CORN VADA RECIPE | CORN VADA Step by step:
Making batter for sweet corn vada recipe
- First, separate the corn kernels from the corn cobs into a bowl and rinse them in water and drain the water fully and keep it aside to let excess water to drain.
- Grind the corn kernels to a coarse mixture and transfer it to a mixing bowl.
- Now add Gram flour, rice flour, finely chopped onions, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice, and salt.
- Now mix all the added ingredients well, check the taste of the batter and add if any seasonings required.
Deep frying sweet corn vada:
- Take a Kadai and heat oil on a medium flame for frying the sweet corn vada.
- To check whether the oil is hot enough by simply dropping a small portion of batter into the oil it should rise to the top. If it does then the oil is ready for frying.
- Now take a muslin cloth or a plastic sheet to spread the vada and slide into the hot oil. I have taken a cloth.
- In that cloth add a small portion of sweet corn batter and start spreading it into a circle shape using your forefingers and make a hole in the middle of the vada like medu vada.
- Once spread slowly take it off the cloth into your fingers and slide the vada into the hot oil.
- Using the same method make the rest of the vadas and slide them into the oil.
- For every batch check the oil whether it’s hot enough.
- Fry the vada on low medium flame until they turn golden.
- Once the vadas turn golden remove them to a colander to drain the excess oil.
- Serve the hot sweet corn vada with tomato ketchup or coconut chutney or rava Kesari or chicken curry.
Corn Vada Calories 323 kcal | Carbohydrates 37 g | Protein 10 g | Fat 12 g | Saturated Fat 1 g | Sodium 155 mg | Fiber 12 g | Sugar 4 g | Vitamin A 266 IU | Vitamin C 39 mg | Calcium 28 mg | Iron 3.3 mg.
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share.