Before we get started with How to make Sarva Pindi/Sarva Pindi recipe lets get to know what is Sarva Pindi.
What is Sarva Pindi?
- Sarva Pindi is Traditional and Specialty Snack and Breakfast Of Telangana.
- Basically, A savoury Flat Indian Bread traditionally made from rice flour. Its vega and gluten-free Snack or breakfast in Telangana.
- Making Sarva Pindi Is very simple, tasty too. By adding Few Fresh vegetables & Leafy Greens makes Sarva Pindi healthy.
- It’s a healthy snack for kids who don’t like to eat veggies or leafy greens.
- In Warangal, few Shops Sell Sarva Pindi I tried so many times it’s very tasty.
- It’s a Traditional Snack we often make Sarva Pindi in our homes at least twice a month & whenever we make, me and my sis fight for it.
If you are looking for more Breakfast Recipes
Check out :
How to make Sarva Pindi/Sarva Pindi Recipe step by step:
Basic Sarva Pindi Recipe:
- First, start with slicing the onions and ground the green chillies.
- Now take a bowl, add rice flour, sliced onions, grounded green chilli paste, cumin seeds, ginger-garlic paste, sesame seeds, red chilli powder, curry leaves, fresh coriander, oil, salt and water as necessary as required.
- Mix all the ingredients without adding water.
- Mix all the ingredients with water and make it a nice and soft dough.
- Take a hollow shape vessel or Kadai and add some oil and spread the oil in the vessel.
- Now make small and a handful portion of mixed dough.
- Press the dough in the vessel and spread the dough evenly and make 4 to 5 small holes with your finger to fry the Sarva Pindi evenly.
- Fry it on a medium flame for 15 to 20 mins.
- Fry until it turns a slight golden colour.
- Serve it hot with yoghurt or freshly churned butter.
- Even sweet mango juice goes very well with Sarva Pindi which gives a spicy and sweet unique taste.
Variations of Sarva Pindi:
- Traditional Sarva Pindi recipe calls for rice flour, chana dal, and spices.
- You can also add Sorakaya, its Sarva Pindi with sorakaya.
- Apart from sorakaya, you can also add radish, ridge gourd, carrot, beetroot etc.
- You can add vegetables according to your taste.
- Not only vegetables you can also customize the flour instead of rice flour you can use ragi Pindi (finger millet flour), or jonna Pindi (Sorghum flour), kuttu atta (buckwheat flour).
- There is a similar dish in Karnataka known as Akki roti.
- In traditional Sarva Pindi, more of oil is used to cook, oils have to float to cook Sarva Pindi properly and crunchy.
Sarva Pindi Ingredients:
- Rice flour 2 cups
- onions sliced 2 nos
- Grounded green chillies 4 to 5 nos
- cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- ginger garlic paste – 2 tablespoons
- red chilli powder as necessary
- salt as necessary
- finely chopped fresh coriander – 1 bunch
- oil – 1 tablespoon
- sesame seeds – 2 teaspoons
- curry leaves – 2 to 3 sprigs
- water as necessary
- Take a bowl and add all the ingredients and mix everything without adding water to it.
- Now add water and mix the dough.
- Do not add to much water as the vegetables will release a little amount of water.
- Now take a small handful portion of dough and pate it to the vessel of Kadai.
- After pating make 4 to 5 small holes using your finger.
- Add a few spoons of oil on the sides and in the holes to cook the Sarva Pindi cook evenly.
- Cover it with a lid and cook it for 15 to 20 mins on a medium flame.
- Remove the Sarva Pindi once it turns golden and crunchy.
Tips How to Make Sarva Pindi/Sarva Pindi Recipe:
- Oil should be little more while making Sarva Pindi If u like it Crunchy.
- To Make Correct shape and crunchiness to the Sarva Pindi The dough mixture should be a little hard.
- Make sure not to add all the water at once, add little by little water and mix as the fresh vegetables release water, so mix it accordingly.
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share.