Before we start with How to make Mirchi ka Salan and Raita let’s get to know what are they.
It is one of the famous classic Hyderabadi dishes which is served as a side dish with biryani, Mirchi which refers to chilli and salan refers to thin gravy made with ingredients like groundnuts, fenugreek seeds, tamarind pulp and etc.
HOW TO MAKE MIRCHI KA SALAN AND RAITA
Mirchi Ka Salan Ingredients: –
- Long big chillies – 15
- Groundnut oil – 4 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds – 1 and a half teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 and a half teaspoon
- Tamarind pulp – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt as necessary
- Jaggery 1 teaspoon
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THE MASALA PASTE: –
- Finely chopped onions – 1 cup
- Finely chopped Ginger and garlic – 10 grams
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Khus khus – 1 teaspoon
- Sesame seed – 2 tablespoons
- Groundnuts – ¼ th cup
- Whole dry red chillies – 5 nos
- Coriander seeds- 1 table spoon
- To make the masala paste first dry roast all the given ingredients above until slightly brown.
- Now add the dry roasted mixture into the blender and blend it till its texture is smooth, use a little water if needed.
- Now slit the big green chillies in the middle and deseed the chillies.
- Saute the green chillies till the blusters appear on the skin. Once it’s done take the chillies out.
- Now add the mustard, fenugreek seeds and the curry leaves, let them crackle.
- Now add the grounded masala paste cover and cook it for 12 mins until the oil starts to separate.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and tamarind pulp and cook for Until 3 mins.
- Add fried green chillies, cover and cook for 2 mins.
- Now garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with Chicken biryani.
HOW TO MAKE RAITA FOR BIRYANI: –
Raitas of India varies from region to region. some of the popular Raitas are boondi Raita, onion Raita, vegetable Raita.
Ingredients to prepare Raita:
- Finley chopped onion
- green chillies
- fresh coriander
- Salt as necessary
Process of making Raita: to make Raita simply add all the ingredients given above and mix it up nicely and serve it chilled with the biryani. Raita will cool your palate while eating the spicy Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani.