How to make Lassi Recipe | Lassi Recipe – is a thick Creamy yoghurt drink which is a very popular drink in India and neighbouring countries, and it’s often consumed as a refreshment and even after the meal.
Chilled Punjabi Lassi recipe is a feast in summers. This Delicious and creamy beverage can easily be made at home and can be consumed while fasting during the Navratri festival. You don’t have to compromise on your cravings.
Traditionally Lassi recipe was made using a wooden churner or a whisk. Nowadays people use a steel whisk or a blender.
Lassi gets the best consistency or texture by whisking fresh set curd, not a sour curd, you can use handled whisk or a milk frother.
If you are looking for more Navratri Vrat Recipes:
Check out :
- Sabudana Khichdi
- Kuttu Ka Dosa
- Aloo Ki Kadhi
- Singhare Atta Ka Samosa
- Arbi Kofta
- Chawal Dhokla
- Makhana Kheer
- Vrat Wale Aloo Rasedaar
There are many other variations of lassi, they are:
Types of lassi:
- Mint Lassi
- Mango Lassi
- Banana Lassi
- Badam Lassi
- Chocolate Lassi
- Sweet Dahi Lassi
You can make many more variations of Lassi Recipe using your creative ideas and imaginations.
- Has Lassi is churned out of yoghurt, it is said to be quite beneficial for our digestive system.
- Lassi is healthy and a natural remedy for stomach bloating.
- Good source of probiotics improves bone health and also boosts the immune system.
How to make Lassi Recipe | Lassi Recipe:
Ingredients for Lassi Recipe:
- Chilled Fresh yoghurt (curd) – 2 cups
- Chilled milk or water – 1 to 2 cups
- Sugar – 10 to 12 tablespoons
- Cardamom Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Saffron Strands – a few optional
- Ice cubes – 6 to 8
- Chopped dry fruits – 1 to 2 tablespoons
How to make Lassi Recipe step by step process:
- Take chilled yoghurt in a mixing bowl and whisk the yoghurt (curd) till it gets the smooth consistency.
- Make sure the curd is smooth in consistency before adding other ingredients to the lassi recipe.
- Now add 10 to 12 tablespoons or according to your taste, of sugar.
- Then add 2 cups Chilled milk.
- The consistency of this lassi is neither thin nor thick.
- If you want the thick consistency to add less amount of milk.
- Now churn the Madani in the lassi mixture until the sugar dissolves or use the blender for churning.
- Keep churning till you see a nice & frothy layer on top.
- Now add 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder and few strands of saffron.
- Add a few cubes of ice and mix everything well.
- Pour Lassi in the tall glass and top it with 1 to 2 teaspoons of malai
- Garnish Lassi with a pinch of cardamom powder and chopped dry fruits.
- Serve this Sweet Punjabi Lassi recipe immediately or you can also store it in a fridge for 1 – 2 days and do not add the ice cubes in that case.
Calories 384 kcal | Carbohydrates 72 g | Protein 8 g | Fat 8 g | Saturated Fat 5 g | Cholesterol 31 mg | Sodium 122 mg | Potassium 378 mg | Sugar 69 mg | Vitamin A 240 IU | Vitamin C 1.2 mg | Calcium 298 mg | Iron 0.3 mg.
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share.