Lamb Curry Recipe | Mutton Curry Recipe – This is a Delicious, soft & tender chunks of lamb meat in Indian style spiced onion tomato gravy. Have you ever taught, how the authentic lamb curry recipe is served in restaurants is so soft and tender?
This post will help you make such a dish with very basic and simple household ingredients in simple steps.
Since Festival Ramadan is around the corner thought of sharing this delicious and tender lamb curry recipe | Mutton curry recipe.
This is not going to be a South Indian Lamb curry recipe, it’s going to be generic Indian Lamb Curry recipes and not any regional one but you can add up your own flavour’s or masala to match your regional cuisine or to suit your taste buds.
If you are a beginner or has failed to make a good recipe of lamb curry before, then I would highly recommend to follow the recipe step by step without making any changes in the recipe.
Keep the readers and the beginners in mind, I am Showing this mutton curry recipe with 500 gms of meat, you can double or triple the quantities once you master the recipe.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES LIKE THIS :
- Butter Chicken.
- Chicken Tikka Masala.
- Dal Makhani.
- Paneer Butter Masala.
- Aloo Rasedaar.
- Chicken Curry.
- Chicken Liver Curry.
- Shahi Paneer Recipe.
How to make Lamb Curry Recipe | Mutton Curry Recipe:
Preparation of Classic Lamb Curry Recipe:
- First, take the chopped mutton into a mixing bowl and wash the mutton well under running water. Drain the water completely.
- Now start with marinating the mutton with yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder and red chilli powder, mix all the marinating ingredients well using your clean hands.
- Refrigerate and keep for at least 2 – 3 hours or overnight. Keeping it overnight is best to get the tenderly cooked mutton. This is the important part of the recipe to get tenderly cooked mutton.
- Just before you start with pre-preparation for lamb curry recipe | mutton curry recipe, Keep the marinated mutton out of the refrigerator. It helps it to come down to the room temperature.
- Start with finely chopping the onions, slit green chillies, deseed and puree the tomatoes. wash the curry leaves, coriander leaves and set them aside.
- If you prefer to make lamb curry with coconut milk or grated coconut, roast 2 to 3 tablespoons of grated coconut on a low flame. When it turns aromatic turn off the stove. Cool and blend this to a fine paste using very little water.
How to make Lamb curry recipe | Mutton curry recipe:
- Heat oil in a heavy bottom pot or pressure cooker. Temper cinnamon and green cardamom.
- Add finely chopped onions and slit green chilly and sauté it until golden.
- Reduce the lame completely and cook on low heat until you add water at a further step. add the marinated lamb | mutton.
- Saute the lamb | mutton for 5 – 6 mins, cover and cook for more than 5 mins while stirring it occasionally.
- You will see the mutton starts to release moisture.
- Sprinkle the masala powder and red chilli powder if you need more space. Saute again for 2 – 3 mins. I used Everest mutton masala powder.
- Masala plays a major role to get the flavour to the lamb curry recipe so, make a good choice.
- Add curry leaves. continue to saute for another 2 mins. You will see that oil begins to separate.
Making Gravy for Lamb Curry Recipe | Mutton Curry Recipe:
- Now it’s time to add tomato puree, or you can also add fresh yoghurt or curd instead of tomato puree. Do not use sour curd.
- Saute for another 5 – 6 mins. The raw smell of the fresh tomatoes should go away.
- Pour water as per your requirement and give it a good stir. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 whistles, if you are using the mutton with bones, you will need to cook it for 3 – 4 whistles.
- Once the pressure goes off, gently open the lid of the cooker and stir well. Simmer again for a while to get the gravy to the required consistency.
- In this stage, you can also add desiccated coconut and cook further for few more mins.
- Add coriander leaves for garnishing and serve the Lamb curry recipe | mutton curry recipe along with plain rice, roti, chapati, naan or parathas.
How to Make Lamb Curry Recipe | Mutton Curry Recipe.
Lamb Curry Recipe | Mutton Curry Recipe is a dish that is slow-cooked lamb in a spicy gravy. This Indian Lamb Curry slow cooker recipe is a step by step guide to cook really flavorful & tender lamb that is succulent and delicious. Serve this Lamb Curry Recipe | Mutton Curry Recipe with plain rice, roti, naan or paratha.
Lamb Curry Recipe| Mutton Curry Recipe Ingredients.
Ingredients for Lamb Curry Recipe | Mutton Curry Recipe.
Instructions for Lamb Curry Recipe | Mutton Curry Recipe.
- To marinate the mutton add salt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder and curd. Yoghurt and ginger garlic paste is natural meat tenderizers so they make the mutton succulent.
- Set the marinated mutton aside for min 45 mins to 1 hour. Marinating the mutton for longer makes the mutton softer and tender. I refrigerate it overnight, has it works best.
- Keep the mutton out of the refrigerator for at least 30 mins to get it to room temperature, before you start cooking.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan or cooker. Then sauté bay leaf, cinnamon and cardamom for 2 mins.
- Now add finely chopped onions and slit green chilies and sauté until they turn golden.
- Get the flame to very low, transfer the marinated mutton and saute for 5 – 7 mins.
- Cover and cook for 10 more mins. when you see the moisture begins to release add the mutton masala and curry leaves.
- Mix everything well and Sauté it for 2 – 3 mins.
- Pour tomato puree and sauté until the raw smell of the tomatoes goes off. This would take about 5 – 7 mins.
- Now pour water and mix well.
- Close the lid of the cooker and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles on a medium flame.
- When the pressure goes off, stir and simmer further to get the right consistency to the lamb curry recipe | mutton curry recipe.
- Taste and add seasonings if required according to your palate.
- Serve Hot Lamb curry recipe | mutton curry recipe with plain rice, roti, naan, or paratha.
How to make Lamb curry recipe | mutton curry recipe.
Soft cooking Lamb curry recipe | Mutton curry recipe.
- For Lamb Curry Recipe | Mutton Curry Recipe Choose freshly cut goat meat is best. Use as much as water required. The quantity of water to use varies and depends on the meat used.
Serving Size 120 g
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories 419
- Calories from Fat 306
- % Daily Value *
- Total Fat 34g53%
- Saturated Fat 11g56%
- Cholesterol 73.99mg25%
- Sodium 489mg21%
- Potassium 394mg12%
- Total Carbohydrate 9g3%
- Dietary Fiber 2g8%
- Sugars 3g
- Protein 17.94g36%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.