Before we Start to know How to make Chicken Kebab, Let’s get to know what are kebabs, then we will jump into the Chicken Kebab Recipe, how to make chicken kebab masala, three different ways to cook chicken kebab.
What are Kebabs?
- Kebabs are various meat dishes. Kebabs are small cubes of meat cooked on a skewer. Which originated from middle eastern cuisine and many variant Kebabs are popular around the world.
- Kebabs consist of diced or grounded meat, sometimes with vegetables and various other accompaniments. Kebabs are cooked on a skewer over the direct fire which gives a unique Smokey flavour.
- Traditionally, the meat used for Kebabs are often referred to mutton or lamb but regional recipes may include beef, goat, chicken, fish and rarely due to religious prohibition pork.
- Few popular variants of Kebabs: Shami, seekh, galouti, reshmi, doner Kebabs.
- Kebabs can be served as a side with some biryani, pulao’s or in wraps and salads also.
If you are looking for more snack or starter recipe:
How to make Chicken Kebab Soft and juicy? tip
To make Chicken kebab Soft and juicy make sure u keep hydrating while cooking and use tender meat only for the best result.
Chicken Kebab Recipe:
- Boneless chicken – 250 grams
- Yoghurt or curd – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Cooking oil – 3 tablespoons
- Salt as necessary
- Lemon juice – ½ lemon
- Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoons
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- 1-inch diced onions separated – 1 medium-sized onion
How to make Chicken Kebab?
There are 3 different ways to cook your Chicken Kebab: 1st charcoal, 2nd electronic griller, 3rd oven. You will learn all the 3 methods. First let’s marinate the chicken.
How to make Chicken Kabab Masala
- Make your marination with yoghurt, lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, oil and garam masala.
- Dice the boneless chicken into equal size pieces for even grilling.
- Startup with marinating the chicken.
- Now add diced boneless chicken and diced onions into the marination and mix well.
How to make chicken kebab at Home without oven: (Charcoal)
- If you are using the wooden skewer sticks make sure you soak them in water for some time before using them.
- Light up your charcoal grill to ready.
- Now put the marinated chicken and onions on skewers alternately.
- Once the skewers are ready to place the skewers on the charcoal grille.
- Keep turning the skewers for cooking them either side.
- And keep the chicken hydrated by applying some oil, butter or ghee.
- Once the chicken turns brownish take them off the charcoal and keep them aside to rest and cool down for few mins.
- Now you can plate them and serve hot with accompaniment with mint chutney and sliced onions & a piece of lemon.
How to make Chicken kebab on electric Griller
- Put the marinated chicken on the metal skewer stick which comes along with the griller.
- Pour some water in the plate under the griller’s coils.
- Now place your chicken skewer sticks on the griller.
- Keep checking the chicken and hydrate with oil, butter or ghee.
- Once ready off the griller and start with plating the Chicken Kebab
- Serve hot with some sliced onions, lemon wedge and mint chutney.
Chicken Kebab Recipe Oven
- Once your skewers are ready first pre-heat the oven at 240’C for 15 mins.
- Once the oven is preheated, place your chicken skewers on the tray and place them inside the oven.
- Grill them for 15 mins and flip them and hydrate with some oil, butter or ghee and cook for another 10 mins.
- Once done plate and serve them with sliced onions, lemon wedge and mint chutney.
How to make mint chutney:
- Mint chutney is easy to make and it goes very well with Kebabs many other dishes like cutlets, tikkas, samosas, parodies and you can also spread in sandwiches, wraps, and rolls.
- To make mint chutney make sure you use the fresh mint leaves and ignore the sprigs or stems which may end up you mint chutney bitter.
- Mint chutney has many advantages and benefits to your body, it helps to digest even the heavy foods so it is good to serve with starters or snacks.
Ingredients to make mint chutney:
- Fresh Mint leaves – 1 bunch
- Coriander leaves – 1 bunch
- Onions chopped – 2 teaspoons
- Cumin powder – ½ teaspoon
- Sugar to taste
- Fine chopped ginger – ½ teaspoon
- Garlic – 1 clove
- Green chillies – 2 no’s
- Lemon juice – as necessary
- Yogurt – 1 cup
How to make mint chutney step by step:
- Destem the mint bunches and clean and rinse them with water and drain.
- Now add fresh mint leaves, coriander leaves, salt as necessary, ginger, garlic, green chillies, cumin powder sugar to taste and yoghurt.
- Blend all these ingredients to a fine paste. Add water if necessary.
- Make the yoghurt to smooth by whisking the yoghurt.
- Add the smooth yoghurt to the fine paste and mix it well.
- Adjust salt, chilli and lemon juice as needed.
- Serve the mint chutney cold with your Kebabs, tikkas, pakodis etc.
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
You may also like:
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share.