Before We get to know How to make the Best Chicken Biryani Lets get to know The History of Biryani.
History of Biryani: –
The word biryani (birian) comes from Persia which means fried before cooking Many Restauranteurs believe that biryani is a dish originated from Persia, and was brought by Mughals to India and further developed in royal Mughals kitchen.
Hyderabadi biryani is generally believed originated from the nizams kitchen of Hyderabad state and as a blend of Mughals and Iranians. Hyderabadi Dum ka Biryani is a staple of Indian cuisine.
Chicken or Lamb meat gives the core richness along with rice cooked in dum and makes anyone or everyone fall in love with biryani.
Variations of biryani: –
- Lucknow biryani or Awadhi biryani.
- Sindhi biryani – colourful, sweet Sindhi biryani is known from Pakistan.
- Bombay biryani.
- Mughlai biryani.
- Omani biryani.
- Kolkata biryani.
- Hyderabadi biryani.
- Malabar biryani.
- Thalassery biryani.
- Ambur biryani.
If you are looking for more Main Course recipe:
Out of all the variant biryani, Hyderabadi dum ka biryani is one of its kind which is popular and well-known biryani’s in India. It’s a crown dish of Hyderabadi Muslims.
Biryani got its complex flavours from the layers of spices which mite be whole or grounded. Caramelized onions, dried fruits nuts and fresh herbs are often topped on biryani.
My favourite food is biryani which is famous in India and all over the world. biryani is aromatic saffron flavoured basmati rice mixed with spices. biryani is a meal of itself generally served with Mirchi Ka Salan and Rita.
List of Chicken Biryani Masala Ingredients: –
- Whole Skinless Chicken cut into 4 parts – 1 kg
- Vegetable oil – ½ cup
- Yoghurt – ½ cup
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 tablespoon
- Sajeera – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt as necessary
- Caramelised onions
- Ghee – 3 tablespoons
- Roasted cashew nuts – 100 grams
- Fresh Mint leaves – 1 cup
- Fresh Coriander leaves – 1 cup
- Saffron – 10 to 15 strands
- Hot milk – 2 tablespoons
- Water – 6 cups
- Basmati Rice – 2 cups
- Bay leaf – 2
- Whole garam masala (cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, star anise).
- All-purpose flour
How to cook Chicken biryani step by step process: –
- Frist startup with the Chicken marination, take a round vessel to add the whole skinless Chicken cut into four parts two breasts with wings and two thighs with legs. Has the chicken pieces are big to Make sure the Chicken absorbs the marination slit chicken the chicken pieces and rub the marination well.
Ingredients used for Marination:
- Then add vegetable oil, yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, caramelised onions, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, ghee, sajeera, roasted cashew, freshly chopped mint leaves and freshly chopped coriander leaves, nicely mix well and keep the marination aside for an hour or half.
Cooking Biryani Rice:
- Now start up with rice, keep a vessel on the flame and add vegetable oil or ghee, once it Is hot bay leaf whole garam masalas (cloves, cardamom, star anise) and add 6 cups of water and bring it to boil.
- Once the water is hot, add basmati rice to the water.
- Once the rice is 70 % cooked now start layering the rice and the Chicken and again a layer of rice on the top of the Chicken.
- Once the layering is done take hot milk and add saffron to it, mix it well and pour that saffron mixture on top of the rice unevenly.
- Spread some ghee, add roasted cashews, caramelised onions and freshly chopped coriander on the top.
Keeping Biryani for Dum
- Close the lid tightly with the help of dough and place the biryani vessel on the tawa with a medium flame and let it cook for 20 to 30 mins.
- You will be able to smell the nice aroma of the biryani once it’s done.
- Open the lid and serve it right hot into the plate.
- Make sure to mix the biryani well while serving, serve with the slices of onions, cucumber salad, Mirchi Ka Salan and Raita.
How to make Mirchi Ka Salan for biryani: –
Mirchi Ka Salan Ingredients: –
- Long big chillies – 15
- Groundnut oil – 4 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds – 1 and a half teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds – 1 and a half teaspoon
- Tamarind pulp – 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt as necessary
- Jaggery 1 teaspoon
Ingredients to make the masala paste: –
- Finely chopped onions – 1 cup
- Finely chopped Ginger and garlic – 10 grams
- Grated coconut – ½ cup
- Khus khus – 1 teaspoon
- Sesame seed – 2 tablespoons
- Groundnuts – ¼ th cup
- Whole dry red chillies – 5 nos
- Coriander seeds- 1 table spoon
- To make the masala paste first dry roast all the given ingredients above until slightly brown.
- Now add the dry roasted mixture into the blender and blend it till its texture is smooth, use a little water if needed.
- Now slit the big green chillies in the middle and deseed the chillies.
- Saute the green chillies till the blusters appear on the skin. Once it’s done take the chillies out.
- Now add the mustard, fenugreek seeds and the curry leaves, let them crackle.
- Now add the grounded masala paste cover and cook it for 12 mins until the oil starts to separate.
- Add the turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and tamarind pulp and cook for Until 3 mins.
- Add fried green chillies, cover and cook for 2 mins.
- Now garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with Chicken biryani.
How to make Raita for biryani: –
Raitas of India varies from region to region. some of the popular Raitas are boondi Raita, onion Raita, vegetable Raita.
Ingredients to prepare Raita:
- Finley chopped onion
- green chillies
- fresh coriander
- Salt as necessary
Process of making Raita: to make Raita simply add all the ingredients given above and mix it up nicely and serve it chilled with the biryani. Raita will cool your palate while eating the spicy Hyderabadi Chicken Biryani.
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
You may also like:
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share.