Before we get started with How to make Aloo Paratha/Aloo Paratha Recipe let’s know what is Aloo Paratha
What is Aloo Paratha?
Aloo Paratha is one of the popular Breakfast recipes from Punjab which is made from whole wheat flatbread stuffed with spiced potato stuffing.
These are enjoyed with Yoghurt, Pickle and butter.
It’s a basic simple recipe Which is made in almost every households in India. Its spice mixed boiled and mashed potatoes, stuffed in the dough and rolled and pan-fried.
You can also cook the potatoes with some oil, tamper them using some herbs without adding the spices to the potatoes and stuff them.
If you are looking for more Breakfast Recipes
Check out :
HOW TO MAKE ALOO PARATHAS WITHOUT BREAKING?
To make good parathas make sure you knead a soft dough, if the dough becomes hard the parathas will break, then roll the parathas evenly and stuff with Spiced potato mash and fry them on medium-high flame.
Make sure the tawa or pan is hot before you start making parathas if the tawa is medium hot parathas will consume a lot of time to cook which will result in making hard parathas and they will break.
HOW TO MAKE ALOO PARATHA/ALOO PARATHA RECIPE
Aloo Paratha main Ingredients
- Potatoes – 2 medium
- Carom seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Finely Chopped Green chillies – 2 nos
- Chopped cilantro – 2 tablespoons
- Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoons
- Garam masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- Amchur powder – 1/3 teaspoon
- Chat masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt as necessary
- Oil – 3 tablespoons
- Whole wheat flour (Atta) – 1 & 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Salt as necessary
- Water for kneading
HOW TO MAKE ALOO PARATHA/ALOO PARATHA RECIPE STEP BY STEP :
- Before we start making the dough, Put the potatoes for boiling.
- Take Whole wheat flour in a mixing bowl, add salt, oil and water to it.
- Start mixing the flour, and keep adding little by little water as required.
- Knead the dough till smooth & soft and cover the dough and let it rest for 15 to 20 mins.
- Divide the dough into small portions.
Making Potato Stuffing :
- Now Remove the skin of the boiled potatoes, mash and transfer it to a bowl.
- Add chopped cilantro, salt, carom seeds, green chillies, chat masala, garam masala, amchur, red chilli powder and garam masala.
- Mix everything well combined, and the stuffing is ready.
Making Parathas :
- Take a dough ball and roll it into a circle using the rolling pin.
- Apply a little oil to the rolled dough.
- Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of potato stuffing in the centre.
- Don’t overfill potato stuffing or else it will be difficult to roll.
- Bring all the edges of the rolled dough and pinch to seal the edges and flatten the dough ball using hands.
- Using the rolling pin, roll the dough to a circle 7 to 8 inches diameter. Make sure to apply equal pressure while rolling and spread it evenly.
Cooking Paratha :
- Put Tawa or a pan on Medium-high flame and let the tawa get hot enough.
- Transfer the rolled paratha to the hot tawa.
- Cook it for a min and flip it over and apply oil on the half-cooked side of paratha and flip it over again.
- Now apply oil on the other side of the paratha.
- You can also apply ghee instead of oil.
- Press the paratha with a spatula and cook the paratha till both the sides of paratha turn golden brown spots on them.
- Repeat the same with remaining dough balls and cook them in the same way.
- Serve aloo paratha hot with butter, pickle or yoghurt.
Nutrition facts :
Calories 165 kcal | Carbohydrates 31 g | Protein 5 g | Fat 3 g | Sodium 418 mg | Potassium 402 mg | Fiber 5 g | Vitamin A 20 IU | Vitamin C 9 mg | Calcium 31 mg | Iron 3.4 mg|
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share.