Dondakaya Curry | Tindora Curry | Ivy gourd Curry – is an Andhra style stew made using Ivy gourd, Tamarind, Onion, Tomato and Species. It goes very well with rice.
Dondakaya Pulusu is a simple Andhra style tangy and spicy stew made with ivy gourd or tindora. This stew is similar to sambar but without adding lentils and spice blends.
It tastes awful with hot steamed rice and papads. We usually make curries using tindoras such as Dondakaya pachadi, Dondakaya Ulli Karam, Dondakaya Fry Recipe, Dondakaya masala fry and Gutti Dondakaya Curry.
If you are looking for more curry recipes then do check the below recipes.
more curry Recipes :
Dondakaya Curry | Tindora curry | Ivy gourd Curry :-
- Chopped Ivy Gourd – 1 cup
- Medium-sized chopped onion – 1 no
- Tomato medium-sized – 1 no
- Freshly chopped coriander – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Palm full Tamarind
- Jaggery – 1/2 tablespoon
- Rice flour – 1 teaspoon
- Green Chilli – 2 nos
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Hing – a pinch
- Red chilli powder as necessary
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Salt to taste
How to make Dondakaya Curry | Tindora Curry | Ivy gourd Curry:
- Clean wash and soak the tamarind in water for a few mins.
- Now extract the juice and set it aside.
- Wash the Dondakaya ( Tindora or Ivy gourd ) and slit each Dondakaya into four pieces.
- Slit all the Tindoras in the same way and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Now peel and finely chop the onions.
- Slit green chillies and keep them aside on a plate.
- And finely Chop the tomatoes and keep it aside on a plate.
Step by step process to make Dondakaya Curry | Tindora Curry | Ivy Gourd Curry
- Heat oil in a vessel on a medium flame.
- Now add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and let them splutter.
- If you like more spice u can also add dry red chillies into the oil along with the mustard, cumin and fenugreek seeds, which gives nice aroma and taste to the curry.
- Once they splutter add curry leaves and saute for few seconds.
- Add chopped onion, slit green chillies and saute until they turn into golden brown.
- Now add Ginger Garlic Paste and turmeric powder, mix and saute them for few mins.
- Add chopped Ivy gourd into the vessel and fry them for a couple of mins.
- Once ivy gourd is half cooked, add chopped tomato and saute it for few more mins.
- Now add red chilli powder, salt and splash water if required and mix it well.
- Add tamarind extract, jaggery and water if needed.
- Add water according to the thickness of the gravy u required, adding more water leads to the very thin gravy and the gravy becomes tasteless.
- Dilute the rice flour in little water and add it to the ivy gourd gravy.
- Mix everything well and get it to for 8 to 10 mins.
- Add freshly chopped coriander and turn off the flame.
- Serve Hot and yummy Dondakay curry | Tindora curry | Ivy gourd curry with steamed rice or roti.
Nutrition Facts: Dondakaya curry | Tindora Curry | Ivy gourd Curry.
Calories 145 | Fat 9 g | Saturated Fat 2 g | sodium 34 mg | Potassium 324 mg | Carbohydrates 14 g | Fiber 3 g | Sugar 6 g | Protein 2 g | Vitamin A 750 IU | Vitamin C 36.5 mg | Calcium 31 mg | Iron 1.1 mg.