Before we start making Chicken Liver Gravy Recipe | Chicken Liver Curry lets Get to know the uses or advantages eating chicken liver.
A lot of people enjoy eating liver, It’s my favourite too, I enjoy eating chicken liver curry recipe from my childhood, my mom always uses to make it for me.
You can serve Chicken liver curry with Plain rice or any veg side or roti or chapati, or as a sandwich.
My preference would be for eating the chicken liver curry with roti or chapati, it really tastes good. It’s so tasty after eating a couple of rotis or chapatis you will start eating this on a plate.
If you are looking for more Main Course recipe:
Uses or Advantages of eating Chicken Liver :
Of Course, eating organ meat is not for each and every single one but, eating chicken liver is a good way to be a conscientious omnivore because you are eating almost all parts of the animal, not only just the meat.
Chicken liver is high in iron levels, not only iron levels it is high on protein, rich in folate, rich in vitamin including vitamin B12.
How to prepare chicken liver gravy recipe? where to buy the chicken liver :
My suggestions to buy a chicken liver is from an organic meat shop, as they come packed and sealed container from the meat department and these shops are easy to find. This chicken liver is safe to use for making chicken liver masala recipe.
HOW TO PREPARE CHICKEN LIVER GRAVY RECIPE?
- Organic chicken liver – 1/2 kg
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sliced or chopped onions – 1 medium onion
- Green chillies – 3 to 4 nos
- Curry leaves – 1 to 2 sprigs
- Tomato puree – 1/2 cup
- Chopped coriander – 1 tablespoon
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Coriander powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as required
- Garam masala – 1 teaspoon
- Chicken masala – 1/2 teaspoon
CHICKEN LIVER GRAVY RECIPE Step by step process :
- Before we start making the chicken liver gravy recipe, I suggest you clean the chicken liver in some cold water.
- Rinse and soak the chicken liver in cold water, now drain the water and let it dry for a few mins.
- First, we will start with marinating the chicken liver which helps in removing the fleshy smell and taste.
Marinating the Chicken liver :
- Take the rinsed and cleaned chicken liver in a mixing bowl to marinate.
- Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, ginger garlic paste, and yoghurt optional and mix everything well evenly.
- Keep the marinated chicken liver aside for at least for 15 to 20 mins to absorb the flavours.
Cooking Chicken liver :
- Take a hollow vessel to cook the chicken liver, add 2 to 4 teaspoons of oil and heat it on a medium flame.
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds to the hot oil and let them crackle.
- After they crackle add sliced or chopped onions, I prefer sliced onions, green chillies and saute them.
- Once the onions turn transparent, add a teaspoon of ginger garlic paste, a pinch of turmeric powder and mix and saute for few mins.
- Now add the marinated chicken liver into the vessel and mix it well and close the lid and cook it.
- Stir it occasionally to avoid it from sticking at the bottom of the vessel.
- After cooking it for 10 to 15 mins now add the tomato puree for the gravy and mix everything well and cook it for 10 more mins.
- Now add garam masala powder, coriander powder and chicken masala and mix it well and cook it till it releases the oil from sides.
- Check the seasoning and add if required.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame.
- Chicken Liver gravy recipe is ready to serve with steamed rice or rotis or chapatis.
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share.