Chawal Dhokla Recipe | Vratwala Chawal Dhokla – is a healthy and flavorful savoury steamed cake made using Samvat Chawal ( Special rice used during Navratri Festival season ). And tempered with whole red chillies, cumin, ghee and curry leaves.
Sama Chawal Dhokla or rice dhokla recipe is very light, spongy and flavourful. It is a gluten-free lip-smacking delicacy.
The fasting season can be very tiresome and boring because of eating without spice food and other delicacies. To minimize these cravings of mid-time snacks, we have this delicious fermented dhokla.
Enjoy Chawal Dhokla Recipe at home for Navratri fasting and you would not be able to resist making it and eating it on any other occasion.
What is Samvat Chawal?
Samvat Chawal which is also known as barnyard millets is a gluten-free grain which behaves like rice and is a perfect dish to eat while fasting.
You can also prepare Sama Ke Chawal Ki Kheer or Sama Ke Chawal Ki Khichdi using Samvat Chawal.
If you are looking for more Navratri Vrat Recipes:
Check out :
- Sabudana Khichdi
- Kuttu Ka Dosa
- Aloo Ki Kadhi
- Singhare Atta Ka Samosa
- Arbi Kofta
- Makhana Kheer
- Vrat Wale Aloo Rasedaar
- Navratri Special Lassi
Variations of Dhoklas:
Dhoklas are not only prepared using Chawal, but they can also be prepared with Besan Ka Dhokla, Chokha na Dhokla, Urad Dal Chawal Dhokla etc.
There are many more variations of dhoklas but the recipe am sharing is Chawal Dhokla Recipe which is prepared for Navratri Vrat Fasting.
Chawal Dhokla Recipe:
Ingredients For Chawal Dhokla Banane Ki Recipe:
- Samvat Ke Chawal – 3/4 cup
- Sour yoghurt – 1 cup
- Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
- Green Chili paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sendha Namak ( Rock salt ) to taste
- Ghee – 2 teaspoon
- Whole dry red chillies – 2 no’s
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
how to prepare Chawal Dhokla recipe step by step:
- Check, clean and rinse the samvat chawal in water and drain the water.
- Take the Samvat rice in a bowl and soak it for a minimum for 3 to 4 hours or overnight and drain.
- Now grind the samvat rice to a smooth and thick batter by adding little by little water.
- Now add Sour yoghurt to the batter and whisk and mix well.
- Cover the batter with a lid, store and keep the batter in a warm place to let it ferment overnight.
- Next day add ginger-green chillies paste, rock salt, 2 teaspoons of ghee and mix everything well.
- Now take a steamer and add sufficient water and let it heat on a medium flame.
- Grease round steel plates and pour the fermented batter equally.
- Place the plates in the steamer, cover and let it steam cook for 8 to 10 mins.
- Once cooked remove the Chawal Dhokla and set aside.
- To prepare tempering, heat ghee in a small nonstick pan on a medium flame.
- Once the ghee is hot enough, add mustard seeds and let them crackle.
- Add the dry red chillies, curry leaves to the crackled mustard seeds and saute them until crisp.
- Once done, pour the tempering over the dhoklas and spread evenly.
- Cut into squares or diamonds and the is ready to serve.
- Serve the Hot Chawal Dhokla Recipe with vrat ki chutney.
Calories 128 k cal | Protein 4.5 g | Carbohydrates 23.9 g | Fiber 2.4 g | Fat 1.6 g | Calcium 24.8 mg | Sodium 6.7 mg | Potassium 130.5 mg | Iron 0.6 mg | Vitamin A 16.2 mg | Vitamin B1 0.1 mg | Vitamin C 1.5 mg.
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share.