Arbi Kofta Recipe | Navratri Special Recipe – This is a perfect tea time snack during Navratri festival. This is one of the most popular and well-liked snacks of current trending meals in the world.
This snack is enjoyed by millions every single day. It is a very easy, quick and delicious snack. They look wonderful, delicious and mouth-watering.
Arbi Kofta Recipe or Arbi Cutlet is prepared with Arbi ( Taro Root ), Kuttu Ka Atta ( buckwheat flour ), chopped Ginger, carom seeds ( ajwain ). You can also replace the Kuttu Ka Atta with maida for preparing the recipe.
Serve hot Arbi Kofta Recipe accompanying with Mint yoghurt Dip, this is the perfect accompaniment which tastes really delicious.
This Is a Navratri Special Arbi Kofta Recipe is gluten-free and vegetarian, Which is healthy and gives you enough energy boost while fasting for Navratri Vrat, as it is made with buckwheat flour.
If you are looking for more Navratri Vrat Recipes:
Check out :
- Sabudana Khichdi
- Kuttu Ka Dosa
- Aloo Ki Kadhi
- Singhare Atta Ka Samosa
- Chawal Dhokla
- Makhana Kheer
- Vrat Wale Aloo Rasedaar
- Navratri Special Lassi
Arbi Kofta Recipe :
Ingredients for Arbi Kofta:
- Arbi ( Taro root ) – 250 grams
- Buckwheat Flour – 4 tablespoon
- Chopped Green Chilies – 1 to 2 nos
- Finely Chopped Ginger – 1/2 inch
- Carom Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Rock salt as required
- Oil – 2 to 3 teaspoon
For Mint dip:
- Mint sprigs – 2 to 3 sprigs
- Yoghurt – 100 grams
- Finely chopped cucumber – 50 grams
- Pomegranate seeds – for garnishing
How to make Arbi Kofta Recipe step by step process:
- Boil the Arbi ( taro root ) in a pressure cooker or in a pan until it becomes soft.
- Once the Arbi is cooked well, clean and peel the skin of the Arbi.
- Take the cooked Arbi in a bowl and mash it well without any lumps.
- Now add buckwheat flour, green chillies, ginger, carom seeds, salt and oil.
- Mix all these ingredients very well and uniformly.
- Let’s start shaping the mixture to the cylinder, Take shape then apply some oil on your palms as the Arbi kofta recipe mixture is sticky.
- Start taking small handful size portions and shape them into cylinders and keep them aside.
- Shape all the rest mixture in the same way and keep them in a plate.
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil or ghee in a pan on a medium flame.
- Once the pan and the oil is hot enough add the prepared Arbi Koftas and start frying.
- Fry them until they turn golden brown in colour and remove them into a kitchen napkin to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve hot Arbi Kofta Recipe with Mint Yoghurt dip.
Mint yoghurt dip recipe for Arbi Kofta Recipe:
- Making Mint yoghurt dip or Mint yoghurt sauce Indian is very easy.
- Hang the curd in a muslin cloth to drain the excess water from the curd to make yoghurt.
- Or simply purchase the ready-made yoghurt which is available in supermarkets.
- Clean and rinse the mint springs and Finely chop the mint leaves.
- Rinse and peel the cucumber and finely chop.
- Now add finely chopped mint leaves and cucumber into the yoghurt.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- If you like to add a little bit of seasoning you can add, it’s optional, but without the seasoning also it tastes delicious.
- Serve hot Arbi Kofta recipe with Indian mint yoghurt sauce raita.
- You can also serve this mint yoghurt sauce for tandoori chicken, yoghurt mint sauce for falafel, or yoghurt mint sauce for chicken.
- This mint yoghurt chutney goes really well with all the above dishes or recipes.
Calories 226 kcal | Cholesterol 0 g | Fat 50 g | Sodium 15 mg | Carbohydrates 34.6 g | Protein 0.52 g | Potassium 484 mg | Fiber 5.1 g | Sugars 0.49 g | Calcium 18 mg | Iron 0.72 mg | Vitamin A 84 IU | Vitamin C 5 mg | Vitamin B-6 0.331 mg.
Let me know in comments If you have tried it at Your home ?
Rate your experience please do subscribe and share.